Join Knowde: Change the World
Every human-made product on earth traces its roots to chemistry – from food to pharma, from Q-tips to qubits: chemistry makes every innovation possible. Can’t wait for that foldable phone? Thank DuPont. Have a kid and rely on baby wipes? Thank Lonza. Love solar shingles that can power your home? Thank Dow Chemical.
Everything you see or touch is possible because of chemistry. Chemicals impacts every market imaginable and is one of the top 5 largest industries in the world, yet this space has remained unchanged for decades. This is one of the few remaining industries that has not been modernized by the internet.
Knowde is transforming the $7 trillion chemical industry. We’re pulling this industry online by building a marketplace where people can crush the product innovation lifecycle down from years to days. We’re doing this by connecting customers and producers early in the product development lifecycle where they can research, discover, collaborate, negotiate and purchase chemistry quickly and with a level of information transparency never before seen in this industry.
The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs globally across industries.
Knowde is looking to add a talented Marketing and Sales Intern who will assist our team in revolutionizing the raw materials industry. As a trusted team member, you’ll spend your time creatdemand for Knowde’s unique set of products and services that surprise and delight our customers. The work will be challenging and require you to think, solve problems and apply creative solutions to market to a unique audience.
- Fast-learners, able to do work with minimal guidance
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts (social, display, SEM/SEO, inbound/outbound)
- Understanding of basic sales process (attract, engage, negotiate and close)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Google docs or MSFT Office products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Prior internship experience strongly preferred, but not required
- Knowde will accelerate the world’s innovation. So many startups claim that they will change the world. We actually are. They claim to be playing in multi-billion dollar markets. We are; In fact, chemistry is a global $5 Trillion dollar a year industry and one of the last to go digital.
- Knowde is going for it. Netflix vs Blockbuster. Wikipedia vs. Encyclopedia. Dropbox vs. files. You get the point.
- Knowde has great leadership. We know this domain. We have years of experience. And, we have little appreciation for the status-quo. We have a wickedly large vision and we know that it will take a force-of-nature to pull it off. If there’s ever a team to do it, it’s the one you’ll be joining.
- Knowde will always hire trailblazers. We understand the correlation between risk and reward. We think past the first logical answer. We love misfits.
- Knowde will always be a startup. Everyone executes. We don’t hire managers; we hire doers. No one works 9-5. Everyone does the job of many. We’re scrappy. The team will remain as small as possible. We work in our own space. We hate anything that resembles big corporate thinking. We will always experiment. Everyone will share in our success. We will never be bound by ebitda.
- Knowde believes that design and technology are magic.
- We keep our promises. We do what we say we will do.
- Knowde is a well-funded startup based in San Jose but with work opportunities around the globe: Our core team is in San Jose and Seattle, but you can work from wherever it makes sense for you.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA and enrolled in a college/University.
- We accept applications from Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.
- Unpaid or hourly rate depending on experience
- Tremendous work experience
- Opportunity to build your resume, and form strong connections in the Silicon Valley startup space.
- Work remotely from your office, dorm, or home.
- Or, from our office in Seattle, WA or Santa Clara, CA
How to Apply
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Internship Opportunity” (cover letter optional).
- Part-time internship
- ~20 hours per week
- You will do work with the marketing and sales teams and gain tremendous work experience. Your job will be interesting, insightful, flexible, and unique. No monotonous excel work. You will actually make an impact. Join the revolution.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Summer internships: we will be accepting summer interns as well. The application will come out later for these positions.
Knowde does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com