Join Knowde: Change the World
Every human-made product on earth traces its roots to chemistry – from food to pharma, from Q-tips to qubits: chemistry makes every innovation possible. Can’t wait for that foldable phone? Thank Dow Chemical. Happy your home is warm? Thank DuPont. Have a kid and rely on baby wipes? Thank Lonza.
Knowde is transforming the $7 trillion chemical industry starting with the creation of a rich marketplace where people can crush the product innovation lifecycle down from years to days. We’re doing this by connecting customers and producers early in the product development lifecycle where they can research, discover, collaborate, negotiate and purchase chemistries and products quickly and repeatedly with a level of information transparency never before seen in this industry.
Knowde is looking to add an immensely talented Full Stack Dev to our product team who will help us invent, design, refine and deliver the products that will enable this digital transformation. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs globally across industries.
Are you ready to help build a ground-breaking B2B marketplace that is going to transform one of the biggest industries? Are you looking for a chance where you can really contribute and you’re sick of the red tape, bureaucracy, and entitlement that gets in the way of progress in large, bloated organizations? Are you passionate about architecting large scale solutions and shaping the technology?
If this is you, we’ve been waiting for you.
- You take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- You own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- You emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
- You love to learn and develop new skills continuously.
- You thrive on working with new technologies.
- You challenge the status quo when needed.
- You have the drive to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- You have the habit of leaving the code cleaner than when you found it
- Knowde will accelerate the world’s innovation. So many startups claim that they will change the world. We actually are. They claim to be playing in multi-billion dollar markets. We actually are.
- Knowde is going for it. Netflix vs Blockbuster. Wikipedia vs. Encyclopedia. Dropbox vs. files. You get the point.
- Knowde has great leadership. We know this domain. We have years of experience. And, we have little appreciation for the status-quo. We have a wickedly large vision and we know that it will take a force-of-nature to pull it off. If there’s ever a team to do it, it’s the one you’ll be joining.
- Knowde hires trailblazers. We understand the correlation between risk and reward. We think past the first logical answer. We love misfits.
- Knowde will always be a startup. Everyone executes. We don’t hire managers; we hire doers. No one works 9-5. Everyone does the job of many. We’re scrappy. The team will remain as small as possible. We work in our own space. We hate anything that resembles big corporate thinking. We will always experiment. Everyone will share in our success. We will never be bound by ebitda.
- Knowde believes that design and technology are magic.
- We keep our promises. We do what we say we will do.
- Knowde is a well-funded startup by leading investors in the Bay Area that deeply believe in our vision. Our core team is in San Jose and Seattle, but you can work from wherever it makes sense for you.
- Languages: Ruby / Python / Java / JS
- Frameworks: RoR / Angular 5 / Apache Storm
- Databases: PostgreSQL / MongoDB / Elasticsearch / Redis / S3
Skills We’re Looking For
- Ability to take task from requirements to deployment.
- Expertise in Python, Ruby and Java.
- Ability to contribute anywhere in the stack and wear multiple hats.
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Updated on the latest techniques/trends/thinking within your field and ready to share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with DevOps, cloud infrastructure services (AWS/Google Cloud) and containerization (Docker).
- Experience managing release activities.
- Passionate about CI/CD pipelines
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- High bar for quality and a phenomenal attention to detail
- An interest in deep learning is a plus
- Search engine relevance tuning is a plus
- S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field
- 7+ years of building highly scalable applications
- 3+ years of experience implementing CD / CI pipelines
- 3+ years of experience with public or private cloud services (AWS, GCE, OpenStack, etc.)
- Extensive experience in web service deployments
How to Apply
- Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Full Stack Developer”.
Knowde is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Knowde will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org