Join Knowde: Change the World
Every human-made product on earth traces its roots to chemistry – from food to pharma, from Q-tips to qubits: chemistry makes every innovation possible. Can’t wait for that foldable phone? Thank DuPont. Have a kid and rely on baby wipes? Thank Lonza. Love solar shingles that can power your home? Thank Dow Chemical.
Knowde is transforming the $7 trillion chemical industry starting with the creation of a rich marketplace where people can crush the product innovation lifecycle down from years to days. We’re doing this by connecting customers and producers early in the product development lifecycle where they can research, discover, collaborate, negotiate and purchase chemistries and products quickly and repeatedly with a level of information transparency never before seen in this industry.
Knowde is looking to add an immensely talented Senior Product Manager/Analyst to help direct product development and ensure high return on investment (ROI.) You’ll translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs globally across industries.
To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. If you’re also confident and have a knack for knowing what ideas will and won’t work, we’d like to meet you.
Our Product Manager/Analyst is a hands-on role where you will help conceive, strategize, plan and manage major new features of Knowde that create value for our customers . In this role, you will help lead the product management team as a player/coach. You’ll collaborate with various members of the Product and Engineering teams to manage the lifecycle of key features within Knowde from concept, to build, to launch/marketing/support and ultimately to value for our customers. You’ll dream in flow charts, data grids, conditional logic definitions, data dictionaries, feature specifications, PRDs, TRDs, user stories and use cases.
As another talented team member, you will become the repository of all the business rules, edge cases and logic flows that underpin the capabilities of Knowde system that you own.
- You know how to develop product requirements and roadmaps
- You can lead product managers and coordinate with engineering, marketing and other teams
- You know how to incorporate feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy and finding ways to expand product market reach
- You’ve demonstrated quantitative & qualitative reasoning skills through prior projects.
- You have prior experience as a business analyst/system analyst is a plus.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment and with cross-functional teams.
- You love clarity and work to drive out guesswork and ambiguity when working with Engineering teams and you’ve been doing this for years.
- You pay attention to detail but don’t sweat it when things change.
- You finish the work… dot those “I”s and cross those “T”s.
- You work fast and hard and then move on to the next project.
- You communicate often and don’t get defensive when asked to explain your design choices.
- You are guided by experience and design patterns so we don’t reinvent the wheel
- You are self-directed, self-motivated and thrive on collaborative independence where coming together to brainstorm feeds your focused work while detailing your design.
- You understand how documentation systems are built. You champion clarity, consistency, communication and reuse.
- Knowde is a well-funded start-up based in SF Bay area but with work opportunities around the globe: Our core team is in San Jose and Seattle, but you can work from wherever it makes sense for you.
- At Knowde, everyone owns the product and the product is our passion.
- No one works 9-5. We’re a start-up.
- We think big, move fast and have strong opinions.
- We frame things up and expect you to fill in the blanks.
- We are open to great ideas and are willing to experiment.
- We believe in work flexibility and respect your need to work in your own space.
- Everyone executes and delivers.
- If you work with Knowde you will share in our success.
- We use many tools to think through a model ideas like LucidChart, Confluence, Jira, GSuite and more
- We design in Figma and Sketch
- And, in Axure when we want to prototype something complex…
- And, Adobe Creative Cloud…
- And, pen, pencil and paper…
- Google Drive, Asana, Slack
- And, whatever else works that may be needed to get the job done
Skills We’re Looking For
- Experience with B2B eCommerce concepts and processes
- Experience capturing and documenting business & technical requirements; applications analysis, design, and configuration.
- Experience developing specifications for new and enhanced systems & workflow processes; facilitating solution evaluation, selection & design; developing and executing testing/test plans; providing business systems analysis processes & subject matter expertise
- 6 years business systems analyst experience; requirements elicitation, analysis, solution, modeling scenarios/uses cases; new application, integration, reporting, data access design & development; translating functional requirements into test cases & leading testing; SQL scripting; familiar with SQL database arch & admin; proficiency with MS Office suite including developing Excel pivot tables and Visio process mapping.
- Strong knowledge of user experience/user-centered design processes and methodology in a plus
- Experience designing B2B application and/or familiarity with common B2B business processes.
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Updated on the latest techniques/trends/thinking within your field and ready to share your knowledge and thoughts with both colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
Day in The Life
- Wake up! Do what you do.
- Work with Product team and Engineering teams daily to stay in synch, answer questions, brainstorm and provide direction.
- Depending on where we are at in the design cycles – wireframes, mock-ups, design comps, all the responsive looks, notes and documentation so engineering knows how to build
- Co-design with business team, then flesh out and detail the designs solo and present the same or next day. Lots of iterations.
- Perform content analysis, task analysis, task modeling, and define usage scenarios that will help drive design requirements.
- Create and document information design concepts and solutions by various means, including sketches, diagrams, maps, storyboards, and rapid prototypes.
- Have fun and take care of yourself.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in software engineering, computer science or a related field.
- Full time position
- Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, vision benefits plus many add-on options available
- Equity participation
- Flexible base but prefer greater Seattle area. Work from our office flex space or from home studio with in-office meetings each week.
How to Apply
- Send your resume and a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line “Product Manager – eCommerce”.
Knowde does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org