Join Knowde: Change the World
Every human-made product on earth traces its roots to chemistry – from food to pharma, from Q-tips to qubits: chemistry makes every innovation possible. Can’t wait for that foldable phone? Thank DuPont. Have a kid and rely on baby wipes? Thank Lonza. Love solar shingles that can power your home? Thank Dow Chemical.
Knowde is transforming the $7 trillion chemical industry starting with the creation of a rich marketplace where people can crush the product innovation lifecycle down from years to days. We’re doing this by connecting customers and producers early in the product development lifecycle where they can research, discover, collaborate, negotiate and purchase chemistries and products quickly and repeatedly with a level of information transparency never before seen in this industry.
Knowde is looking to add an immensely talented UX Analyst to our product team who will help us define in detail the user and system interactions needed for the engineering team to build applications that delight our customers. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs globally across industries.
Our Senior UX Analyst loves detail, analysis, documentation and understands the inter-dependencies of systems and how those systems are built. This talented team member will spend their days working with the design and engineering team making sure that every engineering question is answered and every user path is traced, every conditional logic route is explored, handled and noted. They love human-centered design, user flow charts, “if, then; else” statements, pseudo code, swim lane diagrams, use cases and writing clear, complete user stories. They will document and annotate the logic of our system and serve as a walking encyclopedia of how the Knowde system functions from a user’s perspective. They are the UX oracle ready with an answer to any question the engineering team might throw at them.
They will work as a key member of the Product team and directly with our Lead UX/UI designer, along with our UI Engineering team to refine, detail, and document our designs so that all the questions are answered when building our rich UI. They will be a core contributor to the design process enhancing and detailing the concept designs. We’re looking for a creative person who “ loves both engineering and UX and wants to get arms-deep into documenting design decisions that help engineering deliver great products.
- You love detail. You’ll chase down every nuance of each conditional logic route to make sure the UX never hits a dead end.
- You’re a UX/Developer hybrid: Maybe you like engineering but don’t see yourself as a coder long term. But, if you needed to write a quick R script or even some SQL or an Excel macro, you’d be at ease.
- You love explaining complex ideas with simple diagrams and are open to developing your skills in a start-up environment.
- You’ve learned about UX design patterns and want to start putting them into practice.
- You like the be the epicenter of Q&A and love handling a barrage of questions coming your way even if it interrupts your own flow because you know the answers are allowing others to continue moving forward.
- You have a natural attention to detail but don’t sweat it when things change.
- You finish the work… dot those “I”s and cross those “T”s.
- You work fast and hard and then move on to the next project.
- You are open to learning new skills and want to expand your base of experience.
- You are self-directed, self-motivated and thrive on collaborative independence.
- You understand the basic principles of coding and human-centered design.
- Knowde is a well-funded start-up based in San Jose and Seattle but with work opportunities around the globe: you can work from wherever it makes sense to you as long as you continue to deliver quality at speed.
- At Knowde, everyone owns the product and the product is our passion.
- No one works 9-5. We’re a start-up.
- We think big, move fast and have strong opinions.
- We frame things up and expect you to fill in the blanks.
- We are open to great ideas and are willing to experiment.
- We believe in work flexibility and respect your need to work in your own space.
- Everyone executes and delivers.
- If you work with Knowde you will share in our success.
- Google Docs
- MS Office
- Any other tools that make your life easier and the work better
Skills We’re Looking For
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytical position
- S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field preferred
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience in large companies with multiple functions/BUs preferred
- 2 years’ experience in advanced web analytics methodologies such as experimentation and testing, competitive analysis, surveys, and market research
- Experience in data mining
- Knowledge of R, SQL, and Python; understanding of Adobe Analytics, Optimizely, etc. a plus
- Familiarity with UX/Interaction Design documents (personas, flows, story maps).
- Some knowledge of user experience/user-centered design processes and methodology.
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
Day in The Life
- Wake up! Do what you do.
- Work with Product team and tech teams daily to get direction and instruction so you can deliver the day’s work.
- Answer questions about tasks in the current sprint.
- Continue to work defining the future features on Knowde. Depending on where we are at in the design cycles, you’ll work to understand how the design decisions of new features impact, intersect with, inter-relate with or replace components in the Knowde system. You’ll write User Stories for the next sprint or document all the business rules on a confluence page or create a user flow that illustrates how a user traverses a new part of the system or confirm and augment design annotations to ensure we’re applying our own design system to a new feature set.
- Have fun and take care of yourself.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in computer science, engineering, information design, industrial design, or another related field.
- Contract or FTE available depending on preference
- Pay is competitive and commensurate with experience
- FTE positions include benefits and equity participation
- Flexible base but prefer greater Seattle area. Work from our office flex space or from home studio with in-office meetings each week.
How to Apply
- Send your resume and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “UX Analyst”.
Knowde does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com